Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Misc

No theme today I am afraid. I am too tired for themes. It has been a somewhat trying day. Not really because anything bad or unexpected happened, we actually did some fun things today. I am just feeling... done. Done with all the drudgery that goes along with motherhood. Done taking care of people. Done of cleaning only to have it messed up before I can finish. Done with Sick kids (and spouses, and self). Done watching what I eat and feeling deprived, or not watching what I eat and feeling guilty. I need a vacation.

Today started out nice. We went to Mom's and worked out, finally trying to get back on that train since it left the station in Jan when my Mom hurt herself. Then Mom made me help her garden. I don't like gardening, I do like my Mom however, so I helped. After planting a few things in places Mom couldn't reach (now why she needed plants in places she can't reach I will never know!) I went over to Mad square mall to return some b-day presents that didn't quite fit. Dad loves to buy me clothes, and usually he does a great job. but this time, a few of the things he picked out just didn't fit. So back they went. The kids were great in the store, Wes sat in the stroller and didn't whine (too much) and Ella only ran around a little. I didn't find exactly what I wanted (a plain colored skirt) but I did find a nice pair of grey pants that should look nice with my new clothes. Then I took the kids up to the food court to play a little for reward for being good. We had Chick-fil-a for lunch (bit surprise right?) and Ella ate NOTHING. For those of you who are familiar with Ella's eating habits, this is unusual. Wesley ate some, but not a ton. He has barely eaten since he got sick 2 weeks ago. I however ate, my and Ella's lunch... blech, bad mommy! After playing it was home for naps. Wes went right to sleep, Ella did too. After WAY to short of a time, Wes woke up crying.

He had poop-sploded. Everywhere. Including on his precious Seahorse. Let me tell you, Seahorse didn't smell good. I tried washing him, but he still smells like poop. After I got Wes out of the bath, I knocked against the "guts" of Seahorse and it started playing its music. Wes heard and came running over to see. He was quite dismayed. He grabbed the guts and held it to his face, the he saw Seahorses carcass laying on my desk. He pointed and grunted so I gave him the wet stinky doll. He looked at the guts in one hand and the carcass in the other and then at me. "eh?" he said to me. "Eh?" and handed me first the guts then the poor bedraggled carcass. I told him that I couldn't fix the seahorse right now and put them back. He looked totally offended and grabbed them back. "Eh?" he said again and banged the two pieces together. He kept trying to "fix" his friend, So after everyone was bathed and clean, I loaded up both kids and headed to walmart to replace seahorse. I will try machine washing the guy, but I don't have high hopes. At walmart they only had the PINK seahorse. Lucky for me, Wes didn't seem to care. He was only mad that the seahorse in the package would only play a demo of his song and not the whole thing. Thank goodness he is flexible about his lovey!
Jon came home sick, so he is not feeling well. Poor Jon, it isn't fun to be sick. Now I put everyone to bed early so I could have some peace and quiet and watch America's next top model in piece. TiVO, you better not have screwed up my recording!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about all the sickness. Hope it goes away quickly. I will be out and about tomorrow so if you need something give me a call. I love the seahorse story. Wes is a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there! I'm impressed you stuck with your 365 in spite of it all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sorry to hear about a yucky day. I think it is cute your dad buys clothes. That really is precious. I hope things look up today. Hang in there. We moms always have these days. I think it is part of the job. FYI-my evening was a nightmare. Glad it's over.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The more I blog watch the more I'm comforted to know we're more alike than we know it. Thanks for your post. It summed up how I sometimes feel too. Shannon you are an inspiration to me! Keep on keepin' on!

    (this applies to all you bloggers out there. thanks for sharing!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I second everything said. I have been amazed how much blogging has actually affected my life. It sounds funny to some, but for me it has been a strength-builder, a hope-finder and even a spiritual domain.

    I'm sorry today went as well as it did (or didn't). I hope the future will appear brighter for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ditto to the above comments. In some strange way, it's comforting to know that there are other people out there having bad days, too. {{{HUGS}}}

    ReplyDelete
  7. Today is a new day and, if I know my friend, you are already in a much better mood. :)

    ReplyDelete