Friday, March 12, 2010

Swimming and spring

Today we went swimming again with grandma. When we arrived, it was closed due to the thunderstorm last night. The last edges of the storm were still passing overhead this morning so the powers that be hadn't opened up the pool yet. So we went back to Mom's house to wait and see if they would open it sometime. We called around 10:20 and they said it was finally open, so we headed over to play and do laps. It was wonderful to get some exercise. Grandma would do a lap while I watched the kids, and then I would do a lap while she had the kids. I got some extra laps in between my kid-free turns by pulling Wesley and Ella along behind me as I swam with Grandma. I feel so good afterwards... and hungry, but mostly just good.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Today, after the storm passed turned into a beautiful spring day. The blue, blue sky, white puffy clouds and the warm sunshine were straight out of a book. i am so excited to be seeing flowers, and buds coming out. Soon the dark days of winter will be over and the sweet scent of spring will be here for good. I love spring, it is my favorite season! Not only because my birthday is in spring either. I love the cool air with a hint of warmth. The pretty flowers, and the days spent playing outside.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

1 comment: