Saturday, March 27, 2010

Happy Birthday to ME!

Today I turned 28. It was much like turning 27 I suppose. I had an AWESOME day. We started off having to do some chores, so after getting everyone up and ready to go, we headed off to Sam's club to do some shopping. We also had lunch there before we left.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Then it was time for the fun to begin!
We met my parents at Bridgestreet at the Monaco to see "How to train your Dragons". Which turned out to be a really good movie. We didn't see it in 3D, because Ella won't wear the glasses, they give me a headache and Jon thinks they "dim" the picture. We like our pictures in 2d thank you very much! I highly recommend the movie. We were all happy with the choice.
Photobucket
On the way back to the car we stopped at the carousel and each took a ride. Wesley enjoyed his first ride, and liked watching the pretty machine as well.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
We also made a pit stop at our favorite ice cream place, "the orange tree" We LOVE their frozen yogurt. Honeydew melon and peach are my favorites!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
After filling up on sweets, we headed back home so that Wes could take a nap. I had Jon hang our hammock we got in Mexico and I relaxed and read a book while Ella played outside.
Photobucket
The end of my day didn't go quite as smoothly. We were supposed to drop the kids off at Mom and Dad's house so that we could go to dinner together. We did that, but when we got to PF Changs, the wait time was 80-90min!!! So we decided to try the Mexican place across the way, also too long, so we decided to go to Outback, where there was a 40-50min wait! Finally we made it over to Sakura hibachi place where they told us there was only a 10 min wait. What they didn't tell us was that after the 10 min wait to be seated, we would be waiting an additional 30 min to have our orders taken! The food was good, but we ended up not getting home until right around 9pm, an hour after we had promised to pick up the kids!
Photobucket
Photobucket
AT my moms I had a nice surprise waiting for me. My visiting teacher had dropped off a beautiful cookie cake and a card for me! That was soooooo sweet!
Photobucket
Now I am exhausted, so I am going to finish this post and drop into bed.
Thank you to all who sent me well-wishes today!

2 comments:

  1. Happy (belated) birthday, Shannon! 28 is a GREAT age. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy belated b-day, friend! I am glad that you had an awesome day with those you love. I still have yet to go to a nice restaurant like that. Looks fun!

    ReplyDelete