Monday, March 29, 2010

Having a swinging good time with Food Storage

Everyone LOVES our hammock that we got in Mexico. It is lots of fun!
Photobucket
Photobucket

Jon and I are also working on building up our food storage. It is a lot of work! Today I went shopping at Publix because they were having a really nice BOGO sale. They had all kinds of pasta for about $0.70/lb, pasta sauce for $1.19/jar, and Jon's favorite crackers at less than $1.50/box. I don't normally shop at Publix, but when my mom tole me about the pasta and sauce, I decided to go get some. I think I did pretty well. I got
16 jars pasta sauce
30 lb of assorted pasta
8 9oz boxes of crackers
2 cake mixes
6 can chicken broth
2 cans pineapple
3 cans oranges
8 cans tomatoes
8 cans corn
4 cans each of peas and potatoes.
All for about $70
I think I did good, but the shopping gurus would know more about that. If I got a horrible deal, don't tell me though, I don't want to know!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Looks like a swingin good time to me, too! Great job, Shannon!! (Coming from a non-professional, so take it as you will!;))

    ReplyDelete
  2. the swing looks fun! Did you use coupons? I know their are coupons out there for several of the items I see on the table - I know Classico has $1 off 2 jars right now :) I have a book about using coupons to get the most bang for your buck if you want to borrow it.

    ReplyDelete