Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Baptism

I have the wonderful privilege to teach the baptism kids this year in primary. Jon and I taught this age group together 2 years ago and it was such a wonderful experience. I loved hearing the children's sweet testimonies, and being a part of such a huge and important step in their lives. This year, Jon has been released from Primary and I am now flying solo. It is a little harder without Jon, but still fun and a pleasure with such good kids to teach. This Month is a busy one for our class, 3 out of my 8 kids are getting baptized this month. Today is the first of them, little Josh is being baptized today at 6pm. I am so excited to go and watch! I wanted to give a little present to each of the kids for their baptisms. Last year we had pictures printed with the baptismal covenant printed on it. This time I wanted to do something different. I decided to make each of the kids a personalized journal. I got the supplies at Wal*mart and decorated the covers based on my idea of each kid. I am planning on writing my testimony on the first page of each one, to let the kids know my love of the savior. I hope they use the journals, and capture their thoughts and their testimonies so they can share them with their kids someday. I truly love my calling, I can't imagine a better fit for me.

At mom's house decorating the journals
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

The finished products. I have one left to make. I tried a different way first, that ended up disastrous, so I have to purchase another notebook before I make the last one. Each book is for a specific child. I hope they like them!
the front:
Photobucket
the back:
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I think you are a delightful teacher! Thank you, truly, for all the effort you put into your calling. It blesses the lives of so many little people (and big people, too), and at such a tender age as well. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete