Wednesday, March 10, 2010

I made her so happy!

Today after book club, I was planning on going to the Kids Market sale with the kids. But Wesley had decided to take a nap, and so Nana offered to watch the kids while I went quickly alone. I went to get a red shirt. It is very hard to find a little girl shirt that is red. It is not a terribly popular color right now. I managed to find 2 that would work, and a Sunday dress that was too cute to pass up for the prices ($5). While walking the hallowed halls of KM I came across the dolls section. Ella does not play with dolls. She has several baby dolls that she NEVER plays with. She loves her stuffed animals, plastic animals and plays with my old Barbies from time to time but just does not seem interested in dollies. I loved dolls as a kids, so this makes me a little sad, but she is her own person, so I never make an issue out of it. She would simply rather play out her make believe with animals. Anyway... In the doll sections I saw some "Groovy Girls" They are a cross between barbie and stuffed animal. I thought it was super cute and I thought that just maybe, Ella would play with this type of "girl" doll.
When I got back to Mom's house to pick up the kids, I told Ella to nicely get on her shoes and I would give her the present I got her. She did, and excitedly asked me what her surprise was. I showed her the new dolly....
Photobucket

Oh wow! She said, a new dolly! I love it Mommy!
Photobucket

I asked her what her new dolly should be named, and she told me "Talley, Talley-Lalley" Ok, good enough for me!

I asked if I could take a picture of her and her new doll, and she agreed.
Photobucket

Then she came up to me and gave me a big hug and said "Thank you Mommy! You made me so, so happy!"

*tear* I am glad that I made her so, so happy and I hope her joy lasts longer than 1 day. If she ends up liking Talley-Lalley, I may finally have an idea of what to get her for her upcoming birthday.

2 comments:

  1. That is so sweet. These are times that make a mom all worth it. Ahhhh.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you and Ella! I'm excited to be there for her upcoming birthday!
    Grandma

    ReplyDelete