Thursday, January 7, 2010

Snow, movies, and new friends

Today was an Alabama snow day. Estimated 2" of snow, so far, about 2cm has stuck. Ella was excited about the snow, as she has only seen snow once or twice in her life, I don't blame her for being excited. I am not excited however. I do not like snow. I have had enough snow to last me a lifetime and one of my very favorite things about AL is that we don't get much snow, if any. Today, I was happy to see Ella's excitement. I wasn't happy that EVERYTHING was closed down. Schools, museums, roads, even Jon's work closed early. Since schools were closed, my MOPS meeting was canceled. I am totally bummed as we were supposed to play BUNCO!! today and now I don't get to.
Photobucket
Photobucket

I was bitter about my canceled meeting, and about the fact that there was SNOW, so I decided to cheer myself up by taking the kids to a movie. We invited my Mom to come along and we all went to go see the early matinee showing of "Alvin and the Chipmunks the squeekwel" We were one of only two families in the theater so it was nice and empty. The movie was MUCH MUCH better than I expected. I expected it to be REally REALLY really really dumb, it was only Dumb, so that was an unexpected surprise. I hadn't seen the first movie, so I didn't really know what I was getting into. Wesley has been mesmerized by the commercials for the movie, so I was happy that he enjoyed the first half of the film. He slept for the second half so I doubt he has much of an opinion on the ending. Ella loved the movie and was thrilled to learn that one of the "Chipettes" had "THE SAME NAME!!!" as her. it was super cute to see her so excited about that.
Photobucket
After the movie we grabbed some fries for the kids and went to Nana's house to eat them. Ella also took some time to go play in the snow. Yesterday as we were leaving from Book Club there was a small orange tabby kitty sitting by the fence to Mom's backyard. I went over to say hi, but it was scared of me. Ella wanted to say hi, so she crouched over to be small and put out her hand. The Kitty rushed up to her like they were old friends. It was all over Ella, rubbing up against her and circling around her like she was the cat's meow (ba-da ching). Ella tole me that it's name was "Bunny". She won't explain WHY it's name is Bunny, just insists that it is. We didn't have much time so I made her leave Bunny behind and we went home. Today when Ella went out to play, Bunny came running out from under the deck and followed her around. It was so cute, and weird. Ella would step forward, bunny would step forward, Ella would step back, cue Bunny stepping back. A long as Ella was on the move, Bunny was no more than a pace or two behind. When Ella stood still, Bunny would wrap himself around her legs and beg to be petted. It was funny to see a cat act like that. Bunny is very shy of me, but LOVES Ella. Nana let Ella give it some food... we will see where that leads. Nana felt guilty cuz it was cold and snowy I think. Ella and Bunny played and frolicked around for about an hour before we had to come home. It was cute, but I can't afford to spay/neuter and vaccinate another cat right now!
Photobucket
Photobucket
A bonus video because Bunny was just too cute!



I hope you are all enjoying your snow day!

1 comment:

  1. If I get it fixed and vaccinated will you take it to your house and keep it?
    Mom

    ReplyDelete