Wednesday, January 6, 2010

If you want to be a Viking....

Say YAH!

Nana and Grandpa got the kids some dress-up hats and such for Christmas. Ella loves to dress up as different things and run around playing games. I love that she likes to use her imagination. Wesley has fallen in love with one hat in particular. A "Viking" Helmet. It is a big bowl shaped thing with horns and he LOVES it. It makes him laugh to wear it, and since it is way to big, it looks super goofy on him. He also likes to see the grown-up wearing it. He smiles whenever he sees it and it is so cute! Today we were at my mom's house for book club, and we got there early. Wes was being a total goof with the viking hat so I decided that that should be the subject of today's photos. We had a hard time getting a picture, since the hat kept falling off, but Wes was such a ham and complied with his silly mama and her camera.
wesley
wesley
wes
wes

Ella just asked me why there weren't any pictures of her today "on my computer", so I took one for her. She evidently needs me to document her superior fashion sense again.
ella
Purple Plaid does too go with pink stripes!

Also, completely unrelated with the 365 picture thing, I wanted to share my love for "Chopped". It is an awesome cooking competition show that comes on Tuesday and I love it! I have so much fun thinking about what I would do with the secret ingredients. It is especially hard when it is something I have never heard of before like last night's root vegetable. I can't even remember the name of it but it looked like a stick. I keep thinking that it would be a super fun combined family home evening activity, alas, my kitchen is too small, but I still think it would be fun. You could send one family to the store to pick out ingredients, and be the judges. Then 2 other families to cook together as teams. I think one course would work for time, and I think it would be a blast! I think when we can finally move to a bigger house, I might just have to host something like that. I love creative cooking, but I totally suck at plating. I need to practice that!

No comments:

Post a Comment