Sunday, January 10, 2010

Christmas Cards

I love Christmas Cards. December is the one time of year when I can go pick up the mail and expect there to be something for me, not a bill, not junk, but greetings from afar of someone who is thinking of me. I love sending cards as well, I like showing off my fab family and really enjoy the process of taking the pictures and designing the card myself. I sent out around 60 cards this year and received just about half that many back. I got more this year than last, and I hope to keep increasing my collection each year.
Here is the card I sent out to friends and family.
christmas cards

When I was growing up, my family always displayed our cards by hanging them up somewhere, different places in different houses, but always up where they could be seen by all. I love this tradition, so I have hung mine up along the door frame to my dinning room. I love the way they look, and I love the warm fuzzies I get when I look at them. Soon, the cards will have to come down and my door frame will be emptily waiting till next year when it gets to be all dolled up again.
Isn't my collection grand?
Photobucket

Thank you to all who contributed a card this year!

1 comment:

  1. My friend, you did well this week with all the post. You have quite the challenge on your hands. Love all your cards. I love them too. Always a fun time to look forward too.

    ReplyDelete