Friday, January 8, 2010

Baby, it's cold outside!

Today Jack Frost is playing games with us. It is FREEZING!!!!! It snowed a bit yesterday, and some today as well, but the snow isn't such a big deal, until you realize it is in the single digits temperature wise. YUCK. Jon's work was opening late today (10am) which is fine, but since he usually gets to work at 6am, means he would be working very late. On top of that, they are closing at 4pm, so Jon decided to stay home. No desire to drive 3 hours for a 6 hour work day, and a late day at that. So we got to have him home again today! Yea for 3 day weekends! Today since it was so very cold, and our heater only works so-so (the best temp we get in here is about 65*-67*F) We bundled up in blankets on the couch and watched a movie together.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
That is Ella inside that burrito!
Photobucket

Before we started, I pulled out the bread maker and started a loaf. I also started up a soup for lunch. It was so nice to have a hot soup and fresh bread for lunch! The Soup was a mix of what I had laying around. It was super tasty, so I thought I would share what I did.

Boil 4-5 diced medium red potatoes, 1 carrot and 4-5 cloves garlic in 2 cans (apx 4 cups) chicken broth until soft. When potatoes are soft, blend the entire mixture in blender or food processor until smooth. Poor back into pot. Put another can of chicken broth (apx 2 cups) into blender with 3-4 cups raw baby spinach and blend. Add to potato soup. Dice 1 chicken breast and pour into soup. Simmer on stove with spices of choice (I used a dash of sage, salt and some "Italian seasonings"). It was delicious, I was going to take a picture of it for the blog... but Jon ate it all!
I did get a picture of my first successful breadmaker loaf of bread. It was yummy!
Bread
Photobucket

Stay Warm, wherever you are!

No comments:

Post a Comment