Friday, April 9, 2010

My Book is here!

Many of my blogging friends have ordered Blog books the past few years from Blurb.com. I checked them out but it looked so HARD to make. Lots of layout work and decisions and stuff. I didn't want to WORK for my book I just wanted my blog printed out the way it appears on my computer. So I saw an add on Blogger.com for Blog2print.com. Now, you don't have as many options for covers, and you can't change the layout or do any fancy stuff like Blurb, but you CAN just push one button and have the website make a book out of your blog, either condensed so the pictures are all together and your words are all together, or they can make it appear JUST LIKE YOUR BLOG. So my captions are with my pictures, and everything is in order! Me, being lazy with this project had found exactly what I wanted. I chose to pay the extra $10 or so for the extra pages to have my blog printed as it appears on the computer. I wanted my captions with my pictures. The process was EASY, like literally pushing one button and ta-da! a book. Last year I made 93 posts, and that translated into 184 8.5x11"pages and cost me around $65. My book arrived yesterday! It looks great. I love it. It has a great table of contents, with the page numbers listed by the title of each post. The picture quality is decent and the binding looks really good. I am so happy with my little book. I am dreading the price tag of next years book, as not only SHOULD I have more than 365 posts so it will be almost 4x as big, I am posting more pictures and writing longer posts as well. I may have to print 2, one for the first half of the year and one for the second. Anyway, here are pictures of my new book. And anyone who is local who would like to see it in person, just let me know.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

I have also put up the second mosaic in the dining room. I know you have all been just dying in anticipation of seeing this finished! If it isn't straight, I am to blame as I couldn't wait for Jon to help and did it myself. I am in LOVE with the way it looks and can now say that the dining room is now officially finished.
I even went out and bought a green table cloth to bring out the green from the pictures and work as my accent color in the room.
Photobucket
Photobucket
and the finished nook
Photobucket

Now bear with me, I am not done yet. I have also finished the bathroom with the exception of hanging the art I purchased. I bought this picture from LDScatalog.com. I ordered it in a 16x20" and am planning on framing it in a matted 20x24 frame. I bought an over the toilet cabinet yesterday and put it together all by myself! It works great there and gives me a safe place to put the cleaning products where Wes can't reach.
So the done bathroom:
Photobucket
Photobucket

Nope, still not done yet.
I took this picture today... evidently Wesley uses Old spice...
Photobucket


and just an FYI since I am planning on printing this and a video link isn't going to show up, there is a popular old spice add where the sales model is ridding a horse backwards!

Ok, NOW I'm done.

2 comments:

  1. That was fun to read! I am so happy for you and your book looks great!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love blog books. Yours looks fun. And all your home updates look great.

    ReplyDelete