Thursday, April 8, 2010

Locked out

Today we had a nice slow morning. Wes slept in and Ella watched cartoons while I got things done. Once everyone was up and dressed and fed for the day, we needed to go out and get some groceries and a few more things for the bathroom. I got the kids ready, diaper bag, grocery list, movie to return, shoes for everyone, don't let the cat escape, grab the phone and out the door. I get to the car and start putting the kids in their seats. That is when I realize that I don't have my keys...
The following is a dramatic reenactment of our adventure...

Doh! I forgot the keys and I think I locked the door!!!
Photobucket
Maybe I forgot to lock it, I hope I hope I hope!
Nope... definitely locked.
Photobucket
Ah, but the kids are always unlocking the backdoor, maybe I didn't lock it!
So I traipse through the mud around the other houses to get into the back yard only to find that I did indeed remember to lock the back door.
Photobucket
But wait! The Kitchen window is slightly open to catch a breeze.
Photobucket
I am definitely not going to fit through there... hmmmmmm
Photobucket
I went back through the mud to the car and fetched my Wonderpet Ella. Leaving Wesley safely buckled in his car seat Ella and I returned to the back of the house. I told Ella she needed to save us and climb in the window. With a little help from Mommy she made it.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Now just slide off the counter with out hurting herself
Photobucket
and Voila! the day is saved!
Photobucket

Now remember folks, don't leave the house without your keys!
Photobucket

So then we finally made it out to do our chores and I let the kids have a 50% off easter candy. They got cookie lollipops. I think they liked them.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. Hilarious!!
    Glad you have a handy dandy wonderpet in the family. :)
    Because locking yourself out of anything...?
    This. Is. Sewious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OHMYGOODNESS. you are both sexalicious and hilarious, my sister dear.

    yay for Ella, she's a real hero! and that last picture of Wesley is probably the cutest thing I have ever seen. It's my favorite, I want it on my wall. Can I get it printed? I need an awesome one of Ella, too...

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is hilarious! I was wondering when you were going to have your kid save the day!! So funny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am now going to have the Wonderpets theme song stuck in my head all day long, thank you very much. (I LOOOOVE that show.) Ella to the rescue!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you always look so cute when you leave for the day?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha! I try Quincy! I was actually wearing a pair of grey slacks when this adventure took place, but it got to hot by the afternoon and I switched to the skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I hate when that happens. Mine never seem to work so well. Yeah for Ella. What a trooper.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE the re-enactment! So fun. Glad that wonderpet Ella saved the day and like Jen, i am so going to have that song stuck in my head all day. ha ha!

    ReplyDelete