Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Boxes

Boxes are awesome. They have so many great uses. Once when I was a kid, my mom got a new fridge. Now fridge boxes are just about the best boxes you can get, and my dad helped us make a submarine out of it. It had a parascope, dials and switches, a hatch on top and it was spray painted silver. We had it for a long time until it rained (we were in AZ at the time so it was a good while) We loved that Submarine. Years later, while living in Ohio, mom got a new upright freezer. That was a BIG box. We made a spaceship out of it and kept it in our basement for a long time until dad built us a "real" spaceship in the corn crib and we abandoned our box. Anyway, boxes are just COOL. Even little ones I suppose. Yesterday I got a shipment from the photolab with a medium sized box. Today, Ella, Wesley and I transformed it with our imagination into a boat, a magic carpet, a hiding place for hide and seek, and after it was torn apart during a particularly turbulent carpet ride, a set of space wings. The box is now in the trash, but we had a fun morning!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. I love boxes! When Zach was 6 months old and starting to get around our tiny apartment a lot more we decided to get a couple Lazy Boy boxes from our friends who own furniture stores and put them together/cut passage ways to make a little playhouse. We went to Walmart to get a cheap box of those plastic balls to make a little ball pit for him as well. I love boxes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! Boxes are THE BEST!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know . . . kids don't need presents, just boxes. Such a cute sequence of pictures!

    ReplyDelete