Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Bananas

I hate bananas. The only bananas I like are in banana bread, banana pudding or banana splits. All other bananas can fall off the face of the earth as far as I am concerned. Wow, how many times can I say banana in one paragraph?

Anyway, Ella shares my banana hate, but Wesley, man, he LOVES bananas. He loves 'em for breakfast, lunch, dinner, snack. He likes banana puffs, dried bananas, and apparently, Asian banana snacks.
Yesterday we stopped at the Asian grocery store to pick up some favorite snacks. While we were there, I spotted some banana snacks that looked like cheese puffs, only banana flavored. I picked up a bag for Wes thinking he would like them. I was right. He ate half the bag on the way home. I put the rest up for later and this morning, Wes was being whiny so I got them out and gave him some. This made him... HAPPY! I gave him one for his mouth, and one for each hand and put the bag on my desk. I was talking on the phone with my Mom when he snuck up beside me, snatched the bag, and RAN laughing away. I figured he might make a mess, but I wasn't worried enough to get off my lazy butt and chase him. He actually did a great job feeding himself. The only difficulty he had was when he was trying to hold the bag of snacks, his seahorse and feed himself puffs at the same time. He was mad that he had to put his doll down to get a new bite. It was too cute. I think I shall have to get him some more of these snacks next time we are there.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Love that last pic with the snack stuffed in his mouth!

    ReplyDelete