Saturday, April 3, 2010

changes

Today was a day of "big" changes for us. Ella isn't a fan of change, but she really did well this time. Wesley has outgrown his crib. This is partly because he is really tall for his age, and partly because he sleeps in a travel crib which is smaller than a regular crib. Because he no longer comfortably fits in his crib, we decided to move him into Ella's toddler bed. This means Ella had to move up into a twin bed. Luckily when my Dad built Ella's loft he had this eventuality in mind and the loft is the proper width for a twin mattress. So today we rearrainged the kids room a bit, got rid of the crib, moved the toddler bed from Ella's loft to the closet and bought a mattress from Sams club and put it up on the loft. Wesley was super excited about the toddler bed in his room. Right after we put it in he climbed up and had the biggest grin. Then he left and I put sheets on. He came back a min later with both his seahorses (the blue one survived the wash) and dumped them on the bed then climbed on. Of course, every bed needs a seahorse. He continued to climb on and off of the bed as we got Ella's new bed ready. Ella was also super excited about getting a big bed. She kept bouncing up and down and exclaiming, "I'm so excited!" The mattress fits perfectly and right now both kids are happily sleeping in their new beds... YEA!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

While Jon was at Priesthood session, I started a quilting project. I haven't quilted in a very long time, but Jon's Best childhood/high school/college friend and his wife just had a baby girl. I usually make a crocheted blanket for babies, but I wanted to make something more... special this time. I told Jon to pick the colors he wanted me to use and he picked Black and purple. So I stopped at Wal mart today and got some supplies. I am really really happy with the way it has turned out so far. Not bad for my first quilting attempt in like, 10 years! Now I just have to put the batting and backing on and edge and quilt it. I am excited for how it is going to look!
Photobucket

Also as we all know that tomorrow is Easter... So the Easter Bunny did her job and filled the baskets for the kids to find tomorrow. I love surprises!
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Wow! You have been super-productive this weekend! Hope the kids slept well their first night in the "new" beds.

    And I love the pinwheels in the baskets! I never thought of that...hmmm...too bad it's too late to go to the store.

    Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete