Monday, October 18, 2010

Saturday in Utah

Saturday I was up bright and early and had a nice chat with Beckie as she made breakfast. James and Sinead came at around 8:30 to pick me up for a fun-filled catch-up day. We started off the day with family pictures at the "this is the place" monument. Then we headed to Salt lake to the skymall to eat at a Brazilian restaurant. They had a bunch of waiters walking around with meat on skewers and you had a little cylinder with red and green on it . If the green was up the waiters would stop by your table and ask if you wanted some. I tried everything but the chicken hearts. It was amazing! They also had a huge salad bar and other foods, but mostly we had meat. It was an awesome lunch, and It was so fun to chat and get to know their kids. After lunch we wandered around the mall, watched the musical fountain and just generally hung out. Then it was time to think about going home. We drove to Layton and stopped at a Krispy Kreme (sp?) Hung out some more and then it was REALLY time for James and Sinead to think about heading home. They drove me to my M-i-L's house in Ogden, helped me unload the car and then headed off back to ID. I had a great evening with Laura (MIL) and the rest of Jon's family. Jon's Bro and SIL came over around 4:30-5ish and I did pictures for them of their kids. Jon's sister and new BIL came over around 7 and we all had pizza for dinner. I hadn't seen any of the kids in over 4 years so they didn't remember me but they sure were cute! Olivia LOVED my camera and I let her wander around with my spare camera and she took a ton of silly, 9-year-old type pictures. It was fun talking and playing with the kids and grownups. Then the family all left and we headed to bed. It was such a fabulous day spending time with my friends and family.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment