Monday, October 18, 2010

Friday in Utah

Thursday, the night before the wedding my flash broke. I was horrified! What would I use for the reception? Luckily Salt Lake is a big city and I found a place that rents camera equipment and was able to rent a Canon speedlight 580 EX II for just $15/day!!! It was such a relief! Friday was WONDERFUL! We woke up bright and early to get ready for Kate's wedding. at 8 am the Hair Girl came and did an awesome job on Kate's updo. It looked FAB! At 10, the makeup lady came and she was great as well. The eyes she did on Kate were to die for. By 11 Kate's parents were there (with the rented flash) and we headed over to the temple. The only hiccup of the day was when we got to the temple and Kate realized that she had forgotten her marriage license!!!! Her Dad and stepmom rushed back to get it and all was well. While Kate and Ham were off doing prep things I took some detail pictures outside of the temple. Then it was time to go in. The ceremony was lovely and Kate, who SWORE she wasn't going to cry let 2 big fat tears slip down her face, one from each eye as the vows were said. It was so cute! After that we all went outside to wait and I met my friend Sinead there. They had also come for the wedding and Sinead had offered to be my assistant while I was photographing at the temple (Thanks Sinead!!) After the triumphant exit of the couple we did all the group shots and then it was just me, sinead and the bride and groom. We took a TON of pictures then I helped Kate out of her dress and we went and got some lunch. Then reception, (back into the dress!) with food, dancing and much fun. I got to see my BFF from freshman year Jenny James and I had a grand time. At the end of the reception I went home with some of Ham's "family" (family friends who stood in for fam at the event since his real fam couldn't come) and crashed at their place. The couple Beckie and Boris were super nice and I enjoyed staying with them. It was an awesome day and I am so very happy for Kate. She was the most radiant bride!
Pictures to come once I have them edited

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment