Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Jack-o-lantern

Today Ella was "dieing" to "make a spooky face" on her pumpkin. While I was in Utah Mom and Dad took the kids to a local pumpkin patch and Ella got to pick out a pumpkin. She has been bugging me ever since to carve it up but I was making her wait till closer to Halloween so it wouldn't rot. Today I was tired of the whining and it is pretty close to Halloween so we went ahead and did it. Ella donned her protective gear and we had at it. I made Ella scoop out the guts and then she told me what she wanted her spooky face to be. She wanted crescent eyes, a circle nose, and a scary mouth with square teeth. I think I did a pretty good job creating her vision. After it was all carved up I put a candle in it and lit it for the kids. Wes was enthralled with the glowing pumpkin and didn't want us to blow it out.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment