Monday, July 5, 2010

Swimming, Swimming, In the swimming pool...

When days are hot, when days are cold, in the swimming pool!

This week Ella is having swimming lessons with a friend from church. We heard she was teaching from some other friends who had her and they said she was great. I called and managed to get Ella a class right away! Ella loves to be in the water... with a flotation device. She was NOT thrilled with the idea of swimming with out a life jacket or floaties. I threatened, pleaded, bribed and punished to get her to just TRY one lesson. Jon was skeptical as to whether or not we should spend the money if she really didn't want to go. But I am glad I finally found something she wanted enough to confront her fear. (I told her I would take her to see "despicable me" in the theaters if she went to all five classes and listened to the teacher). She did AWESOME in her lesson. Wasn't scared at all and did a great job listening and trying all the things her teacher asked. I was SO PROUD of her. She is even excited about going tomorrow. I hope she learns a lot this week and can start swimming a little on her own from now on.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment