Sunday, July 18, 2010

So you had a bad day?

Today started all right. Ella let us sleep in a whole half hour longer than normal. Wesley also slept in a bit. That is where the all right part ended. Wes was wheezing a bit when he woke up, nothing concerning, but a little. Shortly before we had to leave for church, it had gotten a little worse so I decided to give him a breathing treatment from last time. It didn't seem to help much, but we were late so we headed off to church. During sacrament, Wes was a total pill, and while we were out in the hall, his breathing got significantly worse. I called Jon and Ella out of the chapel and send Jon home with Wes to give him another treatment and a nap. I pulled mom out of Primary to ask her to stick around and give me a ride home. After we got home from church Wes was asleep. Right before our Home Teachers arrived he woke up still having trouble breathing. Jon and the HT's gave WEs a blessing. After they had gone his breathing became even more labored. I called my ped after hours service and they said they would page the dr. on call. 20 min later, no word so I called again. 15min later still no call from the Dr. and Wes was pretty distressed so I decided to head to the urgent care center. We dropped Ella off at Nana's house and headed down there. RIght before we arrived we got a call from the DR. He said he could meet us at his office and see WEs there. SInce that woudl be WAY cheaper than the UC and this happened to be the same ped that treated WEs last time we headed back over to the office. There we found out that Wes's oxigen levels were fine, but his breathing was pretty bad. No diagnosis, but a breathing treatment helped. We found out that our nebulizer had bad tubing and that the treatments we tried to give wes didn't work because they weren't dispencing the medicine! Wes still didn't sound too good even after the treatment so we were perscribed a steriod once a day, and breathing treatments every 3 hours. If Wes hasn't improved by 10:30pm, we are supposed to call the DR back for another check and possible hospital admission. Wes was also perscribed a steriod for the nebulizer that he will have to take once a day for 6 months. THis is because he had two attacks so close together. They can't call it asma in a child so young, but it might be. I am not looking forward to all these nebulizer treatments, Wes HATES having the mask on and screams the whole time. I also don't like wakeing myself or my baby up in the middle of the night, but you do what you have to do I guess. So everyone please keep WEs in your prayers, he is still wheezing a bit and struggeling some to breathe.

Photobucket
Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. Oh Sweetie! Definitely will be praying. Give me a call if I can help in any way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had to use the nebulizer in my docter's office twice in the past couple years after fighting bronchitis after getting people's colds.The colds head straight for my lungs every time.The nebulizer is used when you lung capacity drops off signicantly. Buy a peak flow meter and see if they'll put him on Albuteral or Advair if it is Asthma related.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor little guy. I am so sorry. Shawn mentioned it when he came home. If you all need anything please don't hesitate to call.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm praying for my little guy. Love, Grandma May

    ReplyDelete
  5. Please keep us posted. I hope he has done better today.

    ReplyDelete