Monday, July 12, 2010

Behavior

Today we spent the morning with some friends of ours who have been out of town for a month! It was good to see them again. Ella had fun playing and Wes and L fought a lot, but we had fun anyway. Once it got to be lunchtime, we went to Chick-fil-a together and ate. Then home for naptime. I had been talking to M about how I was planning on making a behavior chart for Ella, since she has been extra whiny, and stubborn lately. There are some behaviors that I want to work with her on. M said that her older son had has similar problems and that she had his old chart that she wanted to get rid of so she gave it to me. I am not using it exactly as it was designed. (neither was M) but I think it might work. I picked 5 behaviors that she needs work on. And when she is good, she will get happy face magnets and when she is bad, I will take them away. If she has a certain # of magnets left at the end of the day, she gets small rewards like an extra book at bedtime. I am hoping that this will help reduce the amount that I end up yelling at her. Wish me luck!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with that! I remember trying so many different things for my kids. It took me a few years and several different crafty things, but I think we figured things out for our home. Always something new popping up though!

    ReplyDelete