Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Today

Today was nice. I am still feeling ill, but I am definitely better than I was. I decided that we needed to get out. Since it was too cold to play outside, we thought we would look around for some inside fun. Wes slept in until 10 am today! A record! So after he was up and dressed, we cleaned up some of the mess left from my sick days.
Photobucket
Then we went to Chick-fil-a to meet Amy and her crew for lunch. We were surprised to see 5 or 6 ladies from church there as well. Evidently they were having a church play group day or something. After lunch, play and an ice cream cone we left Amy and headed down to the $1 movie theater to see a movie.
Photobucket

We went to see "the princess and the frog" Ella had already seen the movie last year when it came out with my parents, but I haven't seen it. I have decided that I like the $1 theater. We spent $5 there for 2 tickets, 2 popcorns and a soda for Ella. I have never seen a movie theater with a dollar menu before! The movie was cute and Wes did great. The movie was right during naptime so after watching for about 5 min, he took his bottle and fell asleep. He woke up near the end, with about 15-20 min left. He watched some and wandered around the empty theater. It was so much fun! I am so glad that we got to go.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

After Jon came home from work, I went off to a consignment sale to get the kids clothes for the summer. I spent $65 and got Ella 8 outfits, 2 dresses, 1 nightgown, 1 swim suit and a leotard. Wesley got 8 outfits and 2 sets of jammies and a church outfit. I also got a big bag of Duplo's included in that price. I think I did pretty well! I really like shopping at consignments sales.

2 comments:

  1. I am loving the new movie theater. I think it is great. Fun to see you today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Consignment is great! Glad you were feeling up to getting out.

    ReplyDelete