Thursday, February 25, 2010

Bridgestreet Buddies

A little over a year ago, a local outdoors mall (Bridgestreet towne center) Started up a free kids club called "Bridgestreet Buddies" They have about one free activity every couple of months down a bridgestreet during the spring, summer and fall. We have toured the Chocolate Crocodile (with free chocolate!) Gone bowling for free at "The station" and saw a free movie. There have been others we have missed, like making pizza at Tommy's pizza or the Space and Rocket center day. But we have been really happy with the events so far. Today was another Buddies event, Ice cream Pizza with Maggie Moos! We arrive a little early and took our places.
Photobucket
Ella was very anxious to start, but she did ok waiting. I hadn't gotten a ticket for Wes, because Ella got the last one, but so many people didn't show up, he got to do it too.
While the staff was passing out the slices of "pizza" to the kids Maggie Moo came out for pictures!
Photobucket
Photobucket

Finally it was time to start decorating. We each got a slice of vanilla ice cream "pizza dough" and some toppings. We got red icing for the sauce, cherry white chocolate discs for pepperoni, white chocolate shavings for cheese, marshmallows for mushrooms and some Oreo cookie crumbs "just because they taste good"
Ella had so much fun putting her pizza together. Wesley just wanted to eat the candy, so I "helped" him make his.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

After we were done decorating, we got to eat our masterpieces! Wesley really liked his, so did Ella. I got to eat the leftovers and they were delish!
Photobucket
Photobucket

After that we walked back to the car after a short stop at CC for a chocolate pretzel. Then we did something much less interesting, went grocery shopping. Now Wes is sleeping and Ella is watching a movie. Perfect blogging time for Mommy before getting to clean up time. Blech, I hate cleaning up!

4 comments:

  1. Now THAT'S my kind of pizza!
    Love all your posts. You guys sure keep busy. How do you find out about all this fun stuff??

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness you have been busy this week. This project looks like so much fun. I really wish we could have gone. Although I may just still the idea and have it here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am thinking the same, how do you know about all this stuff? I should be a better mom and take my kids places much more than I do...you inspire me.

    I so want that kind of "pizza"!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! I find out about a lot of it though my Meetup.com Mommies group. With 80+ ladies in the group, someone always seems to know what is going on in the community! I also am still recovering from being without a car for years. Now that I have one, I have to go, go, go. Also with no big kids, I can just drop whatever and go when I hear about something.

    ReplyDelete