Friday, February 5, 2010

Feb 2, Cozumel Mexico

Today will be split into two parts since I split off from the rest of the family on this day. In Cozumel I booked a "shore excursion" through Carnival. Ever since I was 7 and in 2nd grade I have wanted to swim with the dolphins. This was my chance. So I booked the "Dolphin swim and ride" excursion. It was AWESOME!!!! I don't think there are enough exclamation marks in the world to express just how wonderful it was to fulfill my dream.

Wesley started out the day by emptying out our closet...
Photobucket

After we got the room put back together we all had breakfast and headed off the boat to Mexico. This pier is short, so no buses this time. Mom decided to get off the boat this time, so she, Dad and Jon took the kids to a beach resort to go swimming and enjoy the BEAUTIFUL sunny day and the crystal clear water. I wasn't there, so I don't really know all they did and whatnot, but I do have the pictures they took, so here they are!

Welcome to Cozumel!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

At the Paradise beach resort.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Now to the important part of the day. Like I said, while the rest of the family was at the beach, I went swimming with the dolphins. I went to a place called "Dolphinaris". On the bus ride over there I met a girl the same age as me with her Mom. She was going to swim and her mom was going to watch. Her name was Cheryl. (Sheila was the mom). We chatted as we drove over to the facility and ended up being in the same group to swim. We started out in the restaurant area watching another group do their swim. I was SO EXCITED ! I took pictures of the dolphins and talked to my new friends. When it was finally time to go in the water we got our life jackets, and were assigned a trainer to go with. WE were with Christopher and the Dolphin we were going to swim with was Troya. She is a 180lb 6 year old girl. We had a short briefing on what we were going to be doing and then we got in the water. We got to do lots of different behaviors with Troya. We shook her fins, got a kiss and a hug got to pet her silky smooth skin and go for a belly ride! We got to see her swim at top speed (30mph). It was everything I had hoped for. I will never forget this awesome experience! After our time was up :( we got to see the pictures that their "Professional" photographers had taken while we were doing our thing. They also took a video as well. I had sticker shock for sure ($69 for 3 pictures was the starting price!!!) but they gave Cheryl and I a special deal if we would both do it together. So for $119 (each) I got 32 pictures AND the 10 min DVD of our dolphin swim. I am so glad that I got the pictures to remember my dolphin adventure! I still can't believe that I have actually swum with the dolphins Squee!!!!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Doing a trick
Photobucket
Smile!
Photobucket
Shaking fins
Photobucket
Kisses
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Hugs
Photobucket
Silky smooth
Photobucket

DOLPHIN BELLY RIDE!!!!!!!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

After dolphin time we had lunch there. I had house made guacamole. I only got a blurry picture, but it was delicious.
Photobucket
We didn't have to return immediatly to the ship so Cheryl, Sheila and I decided to walk a couple of blocks down to the downtown and look at the shops their before going back.
Cool bench
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
High-five ice cream guy!
Photobucket

SHARK!
Photobucket
The water was sooooo blue!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Back on the boat at about 3:30ish I met back up with the rest of the family. We talked about our day and then we took the kids to the cabin for a nap before dinner. Dinner was great as always

Lamb
Photobucket
Fish
Photobucket
Poached pear for dessert
Photobucket
or this
Photobucket

We ended the day with an Elephant towel
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment