Friday, February 3, 2012

Kerri's Birthday

I hope that Kerri had a great birthday!!! I started off the day at MOPS where we had a super fun game of mom "Jeopardy" My team ALMOST won. I had lots of fun anyway. After Mops Wes and I went to Krogers to get the stuff for his "race car cake" he wanted me to make for his birthday. While we were there, Mom and Kerri called to say they were on their way to the smoothie place and did we want to join them? Of course we did, so we checked out and went to have smoothies. I had a pommegranet and Acai berry one, it was really good. After that we parted ways with my fam and Wes and I went home to make his cake.

I made the cake from a box, but while it was cooking, I made homemade icing and Marzipan frosting. The Marzipan is basically like Fondant, only it tastes good. We covered the round layer cake with green Marzipan and then made a "dirt" track for Lightning McQueen and Franchesco to race on. I am not much at sculpting or molding, so I just used toys for the Cars. Wes wanted Doc to watch the race so he got stuck on there as well. I am pretty proud at how it turned out!

After Cake making was done, I took Ella to Karate and then back home to finish cleaning up the kitchen. Since the kids were missing out on the big birthday dinner because of it's late hour, Mom and Kerri brought over a little cake for Kerri to blow candles out on after the kids sang. Then it was time to get ready for Kerri's big dinner. She had gotten a new party dress for a premier she had coming up and she wanted to wear it so she requested that we all dress up too. So we all looked quite nice at the resteraunt. After I was dressed I went and got our fabulous baby sitter Chad and then it was time to eat!

We went to Lonestar steak house and after a pretty long wait for a thursday, we all had some fantastic steak. It was a great dinner. We ended with a special Low Carb cheesecake I made for Kerri at home. I didn't get a picture of it though. :(
All in all a fantastic day!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment