Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Be prepared!

Today when I went to Ella's school to do my volunteering I was told by a very excited student on my way to Ella's classroom that there was going to be a "severe weather drill" soon. This was evidently a big deal! Once I got to the classroom Ella's teacher told me she was running a little behind and didn't want to send me off with the small group only to get interrupted by the drill so I sat and watched her teach for a few min. Finally she decided to send us off anyway and told me what to do/where to bring the kids when the drill did happen. Two of the four kids I normally work with were absent today so she sent me two new kids to work with. We have been working on writing outlines and creating short fiction books. Ella and the other "old" kid got right to work while I explained to the new kids what we were doing. I didn't get 2 min into my explanation when the drill went off so we trouped back to the classroom to hang out in the bathroom for a few minutes. The kids all seem to know exactly what to do, so they must have practiced this before. Some of them were scared and had to be reassured that this was only pretend. After the drill it was back to work and we made some good progress on our stories. The kids are so cute and smart! I love getting to be a part of Ella's education. After i was done, I headed back to Mom's to pick up Wes. She invited us to go out to lunch with her, so we had a nice lunch together at Appelbees. I spent the rest of the afternoon cleaning up and getting ready for my shoot tonight. The pictures went well, I am so lucky to have this job! I also was glad to find out on my way home that my nephew's surgery went well, the cancer has not spread and his outlook is looking good!
Photobucket
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Ella's look is so sad... was she scared? She is so precious!

    ReplyDelete