Wednesday, August 18, 2010

wednesday at the beach

today we got to sleep in until 7:45!! The latest yet! After the kids got us up I made everyone Waffles for breakfast. Since I don't care for syrup and we didn't bring any other toppings I also made cinnamon rolls. After breakfast we took the kids down to the beach. The kids played in the sand for a while and then waded and played in the surf. The kids are so fearless and enjoy the beach so much! Jon came down after we had been there a while and he and I took Ella and Wes out deeper in the ocean. They loved hopping over the waves and getting splashed by them. Once we got tired of the waves we returned to the house and jumped in the pool. It was so nice to get cooled off and enjoy a safe easy to watch place for the kids to play. Mom joined us in the pool for a while and we played until the boys were ready to drop. We came back to the house and put them to bed. While the boys slept I took Mimi and Pop into town to get some things from the dollar general store. I needed to pick up a few things too. I had a nice time riding with them and talking to them. We got what we needed and stopped by Mammaw's for another sno cone. Back on the island the kids played so nicely and quietly. Jon, Kristy and I played some card games while the kids finished their naps and then the three of us played acquire with Mom and Dad. Jon won and I came in third. It was fun, I love family time at the beach! After a delicious dinner of tex-mex Kristy Jon and I took the kids swimming one more time before bed. After the kids were in bed Jon and I took a nice long walk on the beach which was interrupted by tiny little ghost crabs that were everywhere. Creepy things that looked like spiders. Now it is time to relax before bed and another great day at the beach.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment