Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Another fabulous day on the beach

Today was another great day! The kids have been much better than I expected with sleeping long enough in the morning. After we got up I made breakfast for everyone, potato hash with bacon and eggs. It was delicious! We bummed around the house for a while and then we took the kids swimming. We all love staying at a house with a pool. The kids are fearless in the water and it is so fun to watch. By the time we were done in the pool it was time for the boys to go down for their naps. Grandpa was the girl's hero and took them to the beach to build a sand castle and play in the sand. The girls loved it, but we forgot to reapply the sunscreen and they ended up mildly burned. When they got back we fed them lunch and hung around the house. The girls rested with grandpa for a while and mostly just prevented him from having a nap. Later in the afternoon we took some pictures of the kids all together in their matching reunion shirts that I made back at home. I wanted to do something fun with the kids so I went on line a found a place that rents "surry's" little bikes that are shaped like cars. Jon and I rented the "2" seater and rode it the mile back home to the kids. We put 3 kids in the basket on the front and the 4th kid rode on the seat with the peddlers. Jon and Kristy took the kids for a nice long ride and then Kristy and I rode the bike back to the rental place with them all on board. I was TIRED after that! The kids loved their surprise and I had fun doing it for them. It was especially great that it was only $15 for the hour of riding! After the ride we were HOT and I was beat so I made Jon take our kids out to the pool while I relaxed and finished my book. Then I helped make dinner, fresh oysters and shrimp! Delicious, but a ton of work to prepare. After dinner I hauled everyone out to the beach to do our reunion pictures in our matching shirts. the lighting was perfect, a nice soft light with beautiful clouds and surf in the background. Then a quick bath and in to bed with the girls. Now it is time for the grownups to relax! It was another awesome day at the beach.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Sounds so much nicer that what I'm doing - working during the day, scraping paint off the walls at night. Oh well...glad you're having a great time. Love gmay

    ReplyDelete