Saturday, June 26, 2010

Roller Skating!

When I was a teen, I LOVED to roller skate. Whenever we happened to be staying near a skating rink, we would beg to be able to go. Often Mom and Dad would drop us off at opening time and pick us up late, 10 or 11, at closing time. It was so much fun! I couldn't really do any tricks, but I loved to skate and talk and have fun.
Today I wanted to do something together as a family. We discussed several options, and then I remembered that there are several skating rinks around and I looked it up. We were lucky, and one of them has a special skate time on Saturday mornings for "inexperienced skaters" Ella fit that bill so we decided to go. It was only $15 for all of us, admission and rental. We ended up staying about an hour. Ella did ok, she was scared to go on the floor because it was "too fast" but she enjoyed skating on the carpet. They didn't carry Wesley's size, so he just ran around. Happily, it was very empty, maybe only 1 or 2 other families, so he was free to run around at will. I had a BLAST. I want to go on a date there with Jon sometime soon. I think it would be even more fun without having to watch the kids. After our skating adventure, we went to CiCi's pizza for lunch then home for naps. What a great Saturday!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment