Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Lunch Sushi and nebulizers,

Yesterday Wesley gave me quite a scare. He woke up from his nap and he was really struggling to breathe. He was wheezing, and breathing rapidly. He woke up around 4:45 and his Dr. closes at 5, so I placed a quick call to see if they would/could see him. Luckily for me (and Wes) we only live 5 min from the Dr. and he was willing to wait for us. We rushed over and he looked at Wesley. He gave him a breathing treatment, and checked his various orifices. Ears and throat were clean, but his lungs sounded bad. After the breathing treatment, Wes was much better, still wheezing but able to breathe much easier. The Dr. gave us a prescription for a nebulizer and some breathing treatments. He also sent us over to Huntsville Hospital for some chest x-rays to check for pneumonia. (No pneumonia thankfully) Jon and Ella picked up the prescription while we were down at the hospital. I had to give Wes a treatment every 4 hours throughout the night. Easier said than down with a 1 year old! I hated having to wake up twice last night almost as much as he hated being woken up and having a tube stuck in his face. Before bed, I had Dad come over and he and Jon gave Wes a priesthood blessing. It was much easier for me to sleep knowing he had been blessed.

Today Wes is looking much better, no more wheezing! I still have to give him the treatments, at least until we see the Dr. today at 4pm. Hopefully he is better enough to stop them tonight, I am too tired to do it again!

Wesley took a morning nap today, instead of an afternoon one, so Ella and I got to spend some time together reading books and making a special lunch. We made PB&J sushi with grape "wasibi" They turned out great, and Wesley loved his special lunch once he woke up. We will have to make this again, Wes loves PB&J, and this is much less messy than a traditional sandwich.

While Ella was taking a picture for me of Wesley's breathing treatment, she took a cute picture of me, so I thought I would include it.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I'm very glad to see Wes looking so well! Maybe just a fluke occurance (hope).
    Love Grandma May

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope tonight is a much better night. Sorry for your scare. It looks like he is being a trooper.

    ReplyDelete