Wednesday, June 9, 2010

!FREE! summer movies!

Today we went to our first free movie of the summer. Every Monday and Wednesday the Monaco theater at Bridgestreet offers a free movie for families. They are old movies, some really old, but all are kid appropriate and the best part FREE. They also have discounted kids packs, so the kids can have some popcorn too. We love movies, and we love free, so we decided to head out today and see how things went. We brought Mom along, to sit with Ella in case I needed to bring Wes out. (good thing too, we had to leave several times during the film) Today's show was "Hotel for Dogs" I expected it to be really stupid, so I was pleasantly surprised to find it was only stupid. Ella enjoyed it. We got there about 30 min early and managed to get pretty good seats. We will definitely be going again, assuming they are playing something I want to sit through.
Wes has had popcorn a few times, but only 1 or 2 pieces since it is a choking hazard. Today, I let him at it and he LOVED popcorn. I think he ate half of Mom's large bag. He was shoveling it in and just grinning and loving it. He thought it was a fun game to feed Nana, and Nana fed him. I think his favorite part was the popcorn, he wasn't too interested in the actual movie.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Also, Wes has been bitten by some sort of bug. His right ear is swollen to double the size of his left. It is bright red and warm to touch. I gave him some benadryl, but if the swelling doesn't go down by tomorrow I think I will take him in. I took a picture so you could see how big it really is y'all.
My poor monkey eared baby.
Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment