Wednesday, May 26, 2010

I love to see the temple...

My sister was in need of a spiritual renewal so I suggested she go to the temple and get her battery recharged. Since the Atlanta temple is closed for the time being, Her temple is the same as mine, Birmingham. B-ham is only an hour and 15 min from me, so I volunteered to watch her kids while she and Mom did a session. We met at a local chick-fil-a and had lunch. Then I stayed with the kids while they went over to the temple for the session. The kids played in the C-F-A playground for almost 3.5 hours!! I finally had to drag them kicking and screaming (not literally) from the playground at 2:30 to go meet Kristy and Mom at the temple. We got there a few min early and the kids had a BLAST playing in the grass and on the steep hill behind the temple. I brought a shaded lawn chair and enjoyed watching them play while drinking my ice cold large Dr. Pepper. Jon had also attended the temple with them, so we got to see daddy early today. After they were done in the temple, Kristy headed back to Atlanta and we drove home to HSV. It was nice to see them for a short time, and it was good to do a service for my sister.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. You are an awesome sister! What a great way to spend the day!!

    ReplyDelete