Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Finished.

Today as a surprise for Jon I spent naptime grouting the fireplace. I made a BIG mistake in mixing up the grout and made WAY more than I needed. Who knew that little amount of water would make so much grout! (sorry dad, I will pay for the excess I used!) The ugly cement grey of the mortar was annoying me, and I had this big bowl of grout sitting there begging to be used, so I decided to cover the mortar with the grout to "paint" it and texture it at the same time. I figured at least the extra grout wouldn't go to waste and the copper grout had to look nicer than the grey. I really like the way it turned out. It dried a little lighter than I would have liked, but since it is the same color as the grout, at least it matches!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Good job, Shannon!! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok you can come motivate me now. ;) You really have been busy. I love that tile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where's the before pics? Looks really good though!

    ReplyDelete