Saturday, January 1, 2011

Three-Hundred and Sixty-five

Last year I set a goal for myself, I decided that for the year of 2010 I would take at least one picture a day: of my kids, my life, my daily activities, whatever was around, but at least one picture, for 365 days in a row and post them on my blog. A whole year of daily posts. I did it for a couple of reasons, to see if I could do it for one, to let my far away relatives get to know my kids better for another, also to have a record for my kids, of the kind of Mom they had as small children. The blog helped me to get out and DO things. Even little things every day just so that I could have something to talk about here. I think that my goal made me a better Mom, or at least a funner one. I have enjoyed so much this project, sometimes I have hated it, especially on Sundays, but mostly I enjoyed it. Sometimes I had nothing to say, or no pictures to show but I did it! Today is the three hundredth and sixty-fifth day in a row that I have posted on my blog.

It isn't much, I am not funny, or eloquent or terribly insightful but it exists, and I hope that is enough for my kids, to be able to look back and see all the wonderful opportunities they had as a child, how blessed they were and how much they got to do and see. I hope that when they read this diary, that they will see how much I love them and enjoy them.

I am very very proud of myself. I didn't quit, I didn't miss a day, I didn't let it fade to the bottom of my list and slip right off. I may not have lost that extra weight I promised myself last Jan 1 (instead I gained back what I had lost the year before!) but this New Years resolution can be stamped "Finished" "Done" "Complete" because I did it!

Now for 2011, I think I will take a break from the daily blogs for a while. I need a chance to get back the enthusiasm I had at the beginning of last year. Don't worry or fret (as I know you must be crying out in anguish right now in fear you might miss out on the daily happenings of the Carlson family) I am not quitting the blogging scene, just toning it down a bit. I definitely won't be blogging on Sundays anymore, unless something really interesting happens, but I think I will still get the old blog out several times a week, just so you don't start missing us.

Thank you all, you invisible people out there who are reading this, your comments helped keep me motivated and inspired me to keep going and finish my goal.
Now, onward and upward, to new heights (and that weight loss I put aside last year).

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS!! Whew. :)
    I have been so impressed with your sticktoittiveness this whole year. I really don't think I would have seen it through. And the best part has been knowing that no matter how slow blog traffic was...I could always look forward to a Shannon post!

    Happy New Year and good luck on your continuing resolution. You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome!! And you are an amazing and FUN mom!

    ReplyDelete