Tuesday, May 31, 2011

We have functionality!

Yesterday we completed everything that was left to do for me to have a functional kitchen. There are still a ton of little details left, but all the big stuff is done. I am so very excited! We started out by putting the granite tiles around the sink hole. This took several hours due to all the cutting needed, but it looks great now that it is done! Over the course of the day we worked on plumbing, getting the sink in, getting the water hooked up to the sink, fridge and dishwasher. We also got the door pulls/handles on the rest of the cabinets, the strip of wood that covers the gap between the old and new floors, we put the new microwave in and built the book shelf above it for my cook books. i also made three separate trips to the store for plumbing gear, and dad made one other. WE did finally get the plumbing done so all the trips were worth it i think. We probably did a bunch of other stuff too, but I can't remember now as I started working yesterday around 7:15am and finished around 11:45 pm and I am exhausted. The kitchen is looking awesome and I am so excited to be this far along. Now I just have to keep pushing to get all the little things done.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Lookin' GREAT! It is a sigh of relief when the end of a project is in sight! Best of luck with the details. That is what always got us, but it sounds like you are very driven. :) I need to come see this in person sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful! I really like the floor and all the extra space you've created.
    Love, GMay

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe how amazing it is looking!!! I bet you are so excited!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a transformation! Beautiful! You must be thrilled.

    ReplyDelete