Thursday, May 19, 2011

My new kitchen

I have been dreaming about redoing my kitchen ever since we bought our house 4 years ago. The time is finally here. I have been saving for a while from my photography business to buy all the supplies for my new kitchen, I finally have enough and over the next two weekends we are going to be gutting the kitchen and putting in a new one. New floor, new cabinets, new counter tops, new paint and a backsplash. I am so so so excited! Today we started the demo faze. We are going to be ripping out the wall that separates the laundry area from the kitchen area. I purchased a stack-able washer and dryer (from craigslist) to replace the ones we currently have, giving us an enormous amount of extra space. Enough space to add a 24" pantry, a 15" base cabinet a corner lazy susan base cabinet and some upper cabinets too! Today Jon, Ella and I starting tearing out the wall. With just 2/3's of the wall out the kitchen already looks miles bigger. Tomorrow Jon will be coming home early from work and we will finish tearing out the wall and remove the upper cabinets that are already there. Then we will prep the wall for painting and do some other finishing work. Then we are going to go shopping to purchase the supplies for the remodel. Saturday we hope to hang the new upper cabinets and scrape off that ugly popcorn ceiling! Anyway, there are going to be lots of posts over the next 10 days or so showing the progress of our project.
Here are the "befores" and the in progress shots. I forgot to get the true before's of the wall we took out, but there were only a few holes when I shot these!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket


Also, the kids were so cute the other day, eating a snack and watching CareBears together in Ella's bed. I snapped these pics.
Photobucket
Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. ooho exciting! I love how much bigger it already looks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So EXCITING! Can't wait to see the finished remodel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just remember that the demo part goes much faster than the rebuild! It will be so great to have more room.
    GMay

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy for you... and can't wait to see the results.

    ReplyDelete
  5. cool, looks like fun! can't wait to see how it ends up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. call me and Tiff tioo help. we would love destroy and then fix some stuff back up. thats some fun stuff to do. call if ya need us.....k?

    ReplyDelete