Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Projects

As I mentioned a while back, my nephew was recently diagnosed with Cancer. I wanted to do something for him, and so did my Mom. since we are 100's of miles away, we decided to make him a quilt to take to his overnight Chemo treatments so he would know how much his family loved him. WE put his favorite things on the quilt, vehicles! We used iron-on transfer paper to put the face of all his close family members on the quilt driving the different things. I hope he likes it and it keeps him warm in the chilly hospital!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Since Jonas is getting all the attention, we thought Brenna might like to have somthing too. So we made her a little lap quilt with the scraps so she won't feel left out.
Photobucket
Photobucket

And lastly, I made Jon's t-shirt for my Harry Potter birthday party. He is going as Fred Weasley so I made him a quidditch shirt to wear. I also got him some red hairspray! He is going to look so awesome!
Photobucket
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. I love the quilt!!! So thoughtful! And, the t-shirt.. awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! You guys are so clever. Love, GMay

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a meaningful and special project. I hope your nephew does okay with the chemo and beats the cancer quickly.

    ReplyDelete