Friday, March 2, 2012

Harry Potter Girls night out!

It stormed all day today, and I thought the party might get canceled, but it didn't! The party was AH-mazing! I got dressed up in my Harry potter Snitch skirt, and this morning I made a T-shirt to go with it. I also made a wand sheath so that I could carry my wand with me to the party. I left the house a little late, and then I realized that I had forgotten my T-shirt and my camera, so I went back to get it before picking up Mom. Then once I got to Mom's house I forgot that I had forgotten Sarah's birthday present so back to the house again before finally heading over to the party. We were only 10 min late, good thing we all live pretty close! At the party, we got out our awesome treats and added them to the fantabulous food table, the treats were all amazing! Then we got sorted into houses. We drew a sorting had card out of the hat and that was our house for the night. Even though I am ACTUALLY a Ravenclaw, I pulled Huffelpuff, which was fine as Mom was also a Hufflepuff! Once everyone had a chance to sample the fare, we voted on our favorites. I won one category with my Butterbeer (and to be honest, i am the only one who entered that category, but it would of won anyway!) I also won "Strait from Prof. Sprouts garden" with my awesome Mandrake cupcakes. I think the extra time I spent putting their labels on gave me an edge :). Mom won the "From Molly Weasly's kitchen" with her Pumpkin pasties. We each got to put 5 puffs into our house jar towards the house cup. Once the awards were handed out, we played "Haunted Hogsmeade" which is a Harry Potter version of a popular party game I learned as "Murder in the Dark" and "Mafia". It was very cute and super fun! I was thrown unjustly into Azkaban by my fellow Order of the Phoenix members and the second time I was murdered by the Deatheaters. I did get to bring Mom the deatheater down before dying, so it was worth it!
After Haunted Hogsmeade we played a short version of Harry Potter Scene it! Which the Huffelpuffs won of course. Our win in that game gave us enough points to win the house cup!! Sarah had made some wonderful prizes, actual House cups, her awesome version of the hogswart crest etched into a glass mug. I had such a wonderful time, and I got some ideas for my own Harry Potter themed birthday party at the end of the month.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. That was a blast! It was seriously the most fun I have had in a long time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so fun, but I admit, you made it EVEN more fun!

    ReplyDelete