Sunday, December 27, 2009

Christmas Morning at Nana and Grandpa's

This year, my sister and her family joined us from Atlanta for Christmas. Ella and her cousin Brenna are just 5 1/2 months apart and Wesley is just 3 months younger than Jonas, my sister's son. It is awesome to have the cousins be so close in age, and Ella and Brenna LOVE each other. Ella was so excited that she got to have Brenna and Christmas in the same day.

Once we got over there, it was time to get started, the kids were READY! Ever since I can remember, it has been my job to hand out all the gifts from under the tree. I don't know why, but that is the way it has always been. This year, I tried to get the little girls to help me. Ella happily handed out gifts to everyone, a girl after my own heart. Brenna on the other hand, after handing out a handful of gifts told me "I am not helping you anymore" then told her mom that she "didn't like this part". So evidently, when the mantel of gift hander-outer is removed from my shoulders, it will be placed on Ella's. Fitting I guess.

Ready for Christmas!
christmas

Lets get this show on the road.
christmas

Ella my little hander-outer helper
christmas

opening gifts
christmas
christmas
christmas

This year Ella asked me for a "Pillow Pet". She asked and asked and asked. So finally I decided that if she wanted one so bad, I would get her one. Then I worried that she wouldn't like it and I made a mistake. Turns out, I didn't because she LOVED it!
christmas
christmas
christmas
christmas

My sister is super crafty and she made all her gifts this year. She made Jon a crocheted version of one of his favorite cartoon characters from Dragon Ball Z.
christmas
christmas

I got a purple Pikmen, which it awesome, it is my favorite of the cute little computer game characters and goes great with the Yellow one Jon gave me a few years ago.
christmas

We all had a great Christmas and spend the rest of the day hanging out and enjoying our family.
christmas

I hope all of you had a great Christmas too!

No comments:

Post a Comment