Sunday, December 27, 2009

Christmas eve

The next few posts will have lots of pictures, so read at your own risk!

Christmas Eve, after spending the afternoon playing with family over at my Moms house, we went home and decided to open some presents. Growing up, both Jon and I were allowed to open one gift on Christmas Eve. I decided that since I didn't want the gifts from Jon's side of the family to get lost in the shuffle at my moms house the next day that we should open ALL of the Carlson gifts instead of just one. Ella thought that this was a fine idea and tore into the gifts. We got some great stuff from Grandma and Uncle Mike (and Aunt Audrey and Michaela.

An alphabet game for Ella
christmas
christmas

A blankie for Wesley (Grandma has made each of her grandchildren a Christmas blanket for their first Christmas)
christmas

Books on tape and $$ for Jon from Mom
christmas
And a computer game from big brother Mike
christmas

A train set for both kids from Grandma
christmas

I got exactly what I wanted/needed from Mom May. Ever since I was a little girl, I have wanted to swim with the dolphins. I have never had an opportunity until now. We are going on a cruise to Mexico next month and they offer an excursion to swim with the dolphins at one of the ports it is very pricey though, so I asked for help to pay for it. Mom May sent me $$ that will cover roughly 1/3 of the cost, with what my Mimi gave me, and Jon's grandma, I have just enough to fulfill my dream. Thanks MOM!! (Also included with the $$ was a stuffed dolphin, which Ella has stolen from me. no pictures of my gift though, as I was in possession of the camera at the time.

We had a great Christmas eve, and it was a wonderful start to our Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment