Sunday, December 27, 2009

Santa comes!

Growing up in my family, Santa brought the stockings. That's right, just the stockings. No "big gift" nothing under the tree. I guess my parents wanted credit for all the cool gifts. I like this idea and when Jon and I discussed the way we were going to "spin" Santa for our kids, we decided to keep this tradition. I like getting credit for my hard work, Jon too. So Christmas morning, when the kids got up, we went downstairs to discover our stockings had been filled by the big guy! Ella was excited, and I was too since this was the first year she REALLY "got" it. We got right to the work of opening the gifts. (if you notice my stocking looking a little limp, turns out Santa (Jon) left my stocking gifts at my moms house, so I picked them up later)

and the stockings were all hung on the mantel with care
christmas

Wesley wasn't terribly impressed with it all.
christmas
He did like his matchbox cars, ball and baby yogurt snacks though
christmas

Ella was thrilled with santa, She got
MAKEUP!!! (lip gloss and balm and fast drying nail polish)
christmas
christmas
But the best part of the stocking was the BENDAROOS!!! They are some kind of craft object she has seen on TV and fallen in love with. She was so excited to get some from Santa. She was less than impressed with the actual product when we opened them later to play, but I think she will like them more once we have a chance to truly use them.
christmas

After stockings, it was time to load up the car and head to Nana and Grandpa's house for the rest of the gifts.

No comments:

Post a Comment