Friday, June 24, 2011

Wish's

A block or two from my Mimi and Pops house, just around the corner really, is a little independant Drug Store named "Wish's" It has been there at least as long as I have been alive. When I was a kid, everytime we visited Mimi and Pop the various grandkids would walk over to Wish's and buy some 5c-10c-15c-or 25c candy. This was a true kids tradition for us. Sometimes an Uncle would give us each a dollar and send us off (probably to have some quiet in the house!) You could get a good sized bag of candy for a dollar or two. I have been going since I was too little to go by myself. The grownups would make the older cousins walk us there. Even as adults, my sisters and I have always walked (never driven!) to Wish's and got ourselves some candy. Now that I have kids I wanted to share that experience with them. Earlier this week Mom and I went up to Louisville with the kids to visit Mimi and Pop. During Wesley's naptime, Ella and I went out and walked to wishes and got some candy. Ella really enjoyed picking out her candy. She got 9! pieces of candy for $1.63. She was very proud of her haul. I got some candy for myself, and Wes too. I don't know how much longer we have with Mimi and Pop, or how many more times we will get up there to visit, but I am so very glad that I had a chance to share this special thing with Ella this week.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment