Saturday, June 11, 2011

Kitchen Again!

Today I got a call from Mom around 10 till 9 asking if I was busy and telling me that Dad could come over and work on the kitchen today. I had plans, but canceled them because I REALLY want my kitchen done. So dad came over and we got to work. We took out the old light and replaced it with the new one I bought, made a door for the custom sink cabinet, installed under the cabinet lighting for the sink side of the kitchen, finished the trim for the dishwasher, and made a custom spice rack for over the dishwasher/butcher block. Everything turned out FANTASTIC! The spice rack is exactly what I wanted and everything else looks so so good. I need to paint the door to the sink cabinet and the trim and the spice rack, but we are getting so close. As far as I know all we have left is painting, putting up the back splash (wish is due to arrive Monday) ,sealing the countertops/backsplash and putting up the trim! I can't wait to see the whole thing finished. I hope that we can get a bunch done this weekend so that come Monday all that is left is the back splash.
After we were done with the work, i helped Dad pack up all the tools we didn't need anymore and then we sent them all home with Dad. Then Dad offered Ella $2 to "work really hard for 45 min" and help me clean up the mess of a dining room before Jon got home. She did a great job and really earned her $2.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. It is really coming together!!! Can't wait!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely THRILLING! It is beautiful! I LOVE your spice rack!

    ReplyDelete