Wednesday, November 9, 2011

I finally finished!

A few months ago I posted many many pictures of the squares I was making for a Harry Potter Quilt. Once I got the top done, I set it aside and pretty much forgot about it. Today, I had a tiny bit of free time, so I decided that today was the day to finish. I got the filling and back sewed on and now my quilt is officially finished! I LOVE the way it turned out. I ended up with 60 appliqued squares and 12 embroidered spells. I also embroidered the Hogwarts school song around the edging. It came out perfect and I am so very proud of it!

the finished quilt
Photobucket

Closeups of some of the squares and the edging.
Photobucket
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. That is so awesome, Shannon!!!! Unbelievable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a project! I'm sure the kids will love it through the years. GMay

    ReplyDelete