Thursday, February 12, 2009

adjusting

We have spent the last week adjusting to having a newborn in the house again. Ella has been wonderful and all of my fears has so far been unfounded (potty training regression, jealousy, being too rough) She is great with Wesley and doesn't seem to mind TOO much when mommy asks her to wait when I am feeding him. Wesley has been a doll and sleeps pretty good for a baby. I have been getting about 6-7 hours total of sleep each night, although I am going to bed at 9 and getting up around 8 so that just means I am sacrificing housework and fun for sleep. I figure, housework can wait and my family will be better off with a happy, rested mommy and a dirty house than they would be with a cranky mommy and a clean house. Jon started back up at work yesterday and we all missed having him around the house.
We have been so lucky to have such generous friends and have had several dinners delivered to us. This makes my life so much easier as standing for long periods is still rather painful. Thank you friends!

Smothered in love

Happy mommy

Ella was delighted when Wesley started sucking on her finger. "He thinks my finger is a paci!"

Hanging out on the bed. She loves it when Wesley looks at her.

What a little boy! Already pulling faces.

Yawn! (I love yawning pictures!)

Sweet baby

2 comments:

  1. I can't get over how adorable and tiny he is! I also love your hair cut!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What cute pictures. I love that Ella loves him so much!

    ReplyDelete