Thursday, August 3, 2017

Sewing, sickness and other stuff

Today we went down to Nana's house early.  The big kids had spent the night, and James wanted to see them and go swimming in the pool.  I sewed with nana and we made a cute monkey hat! Once we were finished we got ready to take the kids bowling.  We had just loaded up into the car, when I got a call from Jon's boss telling me that he was very dizzy and she wasn't sure he should be driving.  So we went to Jon's work to get him.  I took jon home in his car, and Mom volunteered to take the kids in my car and go bowling anyway.  They said they had fun, and mom said they were well behaved so that is good.  Jon told me he was dizzy and nauseous, but ok, so we went out to lunch together.  Then we came home and tried to figure out our bed situation.

Jon was having trouble sleeping on our mattress a few months ago and after a lot of research decided he wanted to try a memory foam bed.  He choose a GhostBed.  We ordered it and he loved it... but it is one of the most uncomfortable beds i have ever slept on.  I woke up every morning with neck and shoulder pain.  It was horrible. We tried to return the bed, but GhostBed wouldn't honor their money back guarantee so we are stuck with the stupid bed.  $800 down the drain.  Since I can't expect Jon to sleep in pain, and I refuse to, we have had both KING sized mattresses in our room for the last few months.  Each of us sleeping on the one we like.  Even though we have a big room, there wasn't much space left to move around.  Today we decided to tackle the issue.  We plan to cut the Ghostbed in half, and purchase a TwinXL for me and then strap them together to make a King that works for both of us.  After some youtube tutorials we cut the bed.  It was surprisingly easy.  Now we just have to find a reasonably priced mattress for my side. (or get brave enough to try cutting a spring mattress!!)

I ended the evening by taking the kids to Open house at the school.  They got to meet their teachers, see their class lists, and drop off their schools supplies.  Here's to hoping they have a great new school year!



No comments:

Post a Comment