Wednesday, January 25, 2017

The early bird gets the .... Nap?

Today i woke up at 5am to the screams of my youngest child. I lept out of bed to find him crying in his bed surrounded by a puddle of milk, his big sister trying to sop it up with a woefully inadequate amount of paper towels and his big brother bouncing up and down in his bed. I am informed that he has been up since 4:30 and Wesley tried to help by tucking him in, reading him books and finally bringing him an (open) cup of milk. I appreciate the effort dude! So i sent the big ones back to bed, took baby potty and brought him to my bed. After a very long 10 min of "mommy, hey mommy" " whats that mommy?" And "mommy sleep? Daddy sleep?" I remembered why we don't co-sleep. I dragged myself out of bed, cleaned up the puddle of milk, searched fruitlessly for a new sheet and finally resorted to a blanked wrapped around the mattress before depositing the wee one back in his own bed. Sadly for me i wasn't able to fall back asleep. I discovered at 6 that neither was James so we all just got up. Sigh.

The only bright side in this tail is that because we were up and fed uncharacteristically early, we were able to join mom for a fun and productive morning.  We went to moms drs appt. Then picked up some documentation for my sister so she can apply for her New Zealand citizenship. Then since we were downtown anyway we went to big spring park for a poke-walk. James loved the park, i don't think he has ever been there before. After our walk we stopped for some bahn mi sandwiches, picked some stuff up at the store and dropped some lunch off for Jon. Then we went home and it was nap-time!!! James and both took naps and it was awesome. I felt so much better after. The rest of the day was normal, big kids came home , homework , piano, dinner and derby.

One highlight of the evening is that EllaGator was selected to be on the roster for the first away game in Savannah GA next month. She is super stoked about that.



1 comment:

  1. Thanks sis! <3
    naps are the best (and they are even better when you don't wake up at 5 am the first time)

    ReplyDelete