Sunday, April 17, 2011

SPY KIDS party!

Yesterday was Ella's Spy Kids birthday party. We had a BLAST! When I asked Ella what kind of cake she wanted, she asked for a "Fancy cake with strawberry and orange topping" I wasn't sure what to make of that, but I suggested a fruit pizza and she loved the idea. Friday night I baked the giant sugar cookie and made the cream cheese frosting and sliced the fruit. Then I left it in the freezer overnight. Saturday morning, Ella and I placed the fruit on in the pattern she wanted. Jon and I gave her a few of our gifts early, (her spy gear) then we headed over to Mom and Dads house to set up for the party. Ella was so excited for her party! Once everyone arrived, I played the opening video and we went outside for our spy training camp. Not all of the games were successful, the water balloons exploded on contact, so we couldn't do the balloon toss, and it was so windy that we couldn't do the ball game I had planned, but the kids loved the eat-a-doughnut-off-a-string game and the obstacle course. After training, we headed inside to watch the next video, which happned to also be the first clue in our treasure hunt style spy kids rescue mission. After following all the clues, defeating the guard donkey and saving the day we went inside for cake and ice cream and presents. It turned out fantastic and all the kids had fun. After cleaning up we headed home for naptime and I made a video of our spy mission. I think it was a success!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

and here is a link to my video of the day!

1 comment:

  1. How did lil Ella get to be 5 years old?! What a super cool party!

    ReplyDelete