Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Train Table

A few weeks ago I posted the following story about Wes on Facebook.



Today I went to a consignment sale and while I was shopping Wesley was infatuated with the train table they had there. He ran over to ask me if I could buy it for him. I told him no, that we didn't have enough room. Later today at home Wesley is playing nicely in his room I think... then he runs into my room and excitedly tells me that he has cleaned his room and made space for his train table and will I PLEASE buy it for him? (he had indeed cleared a large open space in the middle of the room) I told him our house just wasn't big enough for a train table...
so this evening, with Jon, Wesley asks his Daddy if HE would buy Wes a train table and Jon tells him that he doesn't have enough money. Wesley asks if MOMMY has enough money and was told no. Then Wes had a bright idea... ELLA has money in her piggy bank, SHE can buy him a train table. Jon told him that maybe Ella didn't want to buy a table with her money.


So finally at Dinner, as a last effort at obtaining a train table Wesley turns to dad and says "Grandpa, do YOU have any money?" Grandpa says, Yes, so Wes asks HIM to buy him a train table. I don't know what Grandpa's answer was, as this part of the conversation was related to me by Jon, but that is one determined little boy!! On the way home for dinner he said no less than 3 times. " I WISH I had a train table at MY house." Poor train table less boy.





So just about every day, and sometimes several times a day since then I have been treated to the following from little man

"SIGH"
"I WISH I had a train table at MY house!"

Anyway, last friday night a friend of mine posted a picture on facebook of her kid's train table and offered it up for sale for only $35 dollars.  It was an "under the bed model" so it either had to have the castors replaced or legs added on.  My dad is a wonderful handyman so that didn't matter to me, and since it was a smaller  model of train table, I figured I could fin a spot for it in their room.  On Saturday morning I went over and picked up the table.  I had Jon keep Wes away while I brought it up stairs and set it up.  He was THRILLEd when he saw it, his eyes lit up and he said "My train table?!?"  He has spent as much time as possible playing on it since then, getting Daddy, Ella and Mommy to help him build train tracks on it.  I think it was a good investment!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket


and for some randomness.. Here is Kitzel trying to stay out of the kids reach...
Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment