Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Odds and Ends

For Mom's birthday I made her a Lemony-lemon cake. It turned out beautiful and delicious! I took a lemon supreme cake mix, substituted 1/2 of the water with lemon juice, and added a large box of lemon jello to the mix. Then I topped the cake with a lemon glaze and candied lemon peel.

Photobucket
Photobucket

Since the kids ate pretty much all their candy during the day, they played in the sandbox while we ate a delicious Easter dinner of lamb.
Photobucket
Photobucket

After dinner, the kids had an Easter egg hunt!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

For FHE monday we went to Sonic drive in for Ice cream!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Today Ella woke up at 4 am complaining of a sore throat. At 7 she was up again with a low fever too. I was planning on taking her in to school late anyway because of a dentist appointment, so we canceled that and got a Dr's appointment instead. Turns out she has Strep, so we canceled the rest of my appointments for the day and tomorrow, and rented 3 movies from Redbox and I let the kids watch movies all day while I did laundry and cleaned the house. Poor little girl feels pretty bad.
Photobucket
Photobucket


1 comment:

  1. This picture of Ella looks a lot like Hannah this week. She had an ortho apt. yesterday that I cancelled to take her to the Dr. she has Strep too. NO fun!!!

    ReplyDelete